NXT2WiFi – Mindstorms NXT Webserver
NXT2WIFI – Webserver Module for LEGO® MINDSTORMS® robots by Daniele Benedettelli
NXT2WiFi Miniature Web Server Module is a miniature web server module featuring a fully integrated 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi interface, giving your LEGO® MINDSTORMS® NXT creations access to any Wi-Fi network.
Daniele Benedettelli is a robotics engineer, and inventor of the NXT2WiFi Miniature Web Server Module. He is currently trying to raise the funds via Eppela to start the mass production of of NXT2WiFi modules. If you would like your very own NXT2WiFi Miniature Web Server Module, then show your support by pledging to purchase a module and receive a whopping, 40% discount on the R.R.P.
You can use the [NXT2WIFI] adapter to control everything on your robot from your iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch), or Android device! You can make swarm of mobile robots sharing data in a wireless network. You can give your robot social abilities, by enabling it to post on Twitter, or sharing data on ThingSpeak.[NXT2WIFI] provides your NXT robot with a powerful Internet engine to a browser-based interface over a LAN, Internet or GPRS network, in a small footprint, at low power and low cost. Real time data can be both displayed and/or updated from a standard web browser, on computers, netbooks, Androidpowered smartphones and tablets, Apple iOS devices, because the module supports dynamic web pages.
- Processor PIC24FJ256,256K Flash,16K Ram,16Mips@32Mhz
- Memory 1MB Flash onboard
- Transceiver 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi certified MRF24WB0MB
- Power Supply 3,7V 1000mAh LiPo onboard battery
- Integrated RTC 32,768 Khz quartz onboard
- Communication 2 UART (RS485 to NXT and PC)
- Dimensions 56 x 72 x 18 mm, 50 grams
- Attachments 8 LEGO-compatible mounting holes
- 802.11 b/g/n WIFI
- Pcb Antenna or uFL
- Powerful Webserver:
- TCP Sockets
- UDP Sockets
- SMTP (e-mail)
- SNTP (time server client)
- 1MB Flash memory
- 3,7V 1000mAh LiPo battery onboard
- Real Time Clock
- NXT high speed serial link (on port 4)
- Mini USB port for firmware update, battery charging, debugging
- 2 serial ports (NXT RS485 and PC miniUSB)
- 56*72*18mm (50g)
- Ready-to-use software libraries for the most diffused programming languages for NXT
- Use existing infrastructure networks, or create an adhoc network for others to join.
Please visit openPICUS project website www.openpicus.com to learn more about the WIFI module.
In particular, visit http://www.openpicus.com/site/downloads/downloads and look for FlyPort Wi-Fi Datasheet.
Stay tuned on http://robotics.benedettelli.com for updates.
Check out video demonstrations on http://v.robotics.benedettelli.com