RobotC & Logitech F710 Joysticks with Windows7 amd64
ROBOTC has Joystick Controller stations built into the interactive debugger. "Joystick Control – Simple" is a debugger window to control the NXT via a Logitech USB remote control. "Joystick Control – Game" is a full featured Controller Station which is used mainly for FIRST Tech Challange or other competitions that are NXT or TETRIX based.
The "Logitech Gamepad F310" is the USB version of Logitech's Gamepad and works straight-out-of-the-box when using Windows7 amd64 as the Operating System. When it comes to the "Logitech Gamepad F710"with the Windows7 amd64 as the Operating System, things get a little complicated. Installing the Latest Drivers doesn't help.
In order to getting your "Logitech Gamepad F710" wireless controller to work requires a work around.
- To start with you need to install the latest Logitech Gamepad F710 Drivers (lgs510_x64.exe) after a clean reboot.
- Download and install the Xbox 360 Accessories Software 64-bit for Windows 7 (Xbox360_64Eng.exe).
- Download the modified Xusb21.inf file and copy it to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories".
- Open Device Manager Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Device Manager.
- Right-click "Logitech Gamepad F710" and select "Update Driver Software".
- Select "Browse my computer for diver software".
- Browse to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories".
With this done you should have your "Logitech Gamepad F710" up and running. To check, Right-click the Gamepad Icon in your System Tray and select "Game Controllers". The following Window should pop-up. Select the "Properties" Button.
The window shown below should appear, which will allow you to test your "Logitech Gamepad F710".
Now that you have your Logitech F710 Wireless Gamepad working with the Windows7 amd64 Operating System, head over to the RobotC Wiki. There you can view the NXT Using Joysticks Article to help you get started controlling your LEGO Mindstorms NXT Robots via your Gamepad.